Web Site Support and Maintenance
Need a webmaster? We'll help you maintain your site.
Getting your website built is just the beginning: you need to keep it up to date. That means changing content, upgrading software (such as Drupal / Joomla /WordPress), maintaining security, and other maintenance tasks. Whether it's adding a web form, converting the site to a content management system, managing e-mail and DNS setup, troubleshooting browser display issues, or anything else, we have most likely solved it before.
We offer maintenance on a monthly fee basis, but can also quote tasks on a fixed-cost task-by-task basis, for those who may not need maintenance done as frequently. Either way, your costs are predictable and reasonable. We offer very fast turnaround; most updates are completed within 48 hours.
If you have us build your site, we would like to stay involved afterwards by maintaining it for you after it has been launched. We offer one month free support after your site is live, during which we train you so you can edit your site. If, however, you decide you don't want to maintain it yourself, you can send us your updates by e-mail or as Word attachments, and we'll update your pages for you.
Typical maintenance tasks:
CMS-specific tasks (Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, Concrete5):
- Training. We can do this remotely by recording how-to videos and posting these on Basecamp for you, or we can do GoToMeeting sessions. If you're in the Northern Virginia / Washington, D.C. / Maryland region we could also have in-person training sessions.
- Text/image updates
- Menu changes/updates
- Minor functionality adjustments/additions
- Troubleshooting e-mail problems
- Adding/adjusting forms
- All Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, or Concrete5 upgrades barring migration to major new versions of Joomla. Every few months security upgrades become available and need to be applied.
- Maintaining server security and adjusting as needed
- Troubleshooting caching and URL issues
- Cross-browser testing and bug-fixing
- Limited copywriting as needed, i.e. to take text that you send us and adjust / add to it so it works better on a web page.
Contact us about maintaining your website.