A web design / web development firm serving Northern Virginia, Washington D.C., Maryland and beyond.
In business since 2003, we've successfully adapted to major shifts in the IT and web development landscape — several times over. Our network of partners and consultants can address any needs that may arise on a project.
Creative projects are multi-faceted enterprises, with a whole plethora of aspects to take into consideration. It pays to take a step back occasionally to reassess not just how or when, but the why of things. We guide clients through complex decisions while staying focused on goals. We obsess over the details so you don’t have to.
We handle the entire project life cycle, from early concept stages through implementation. We are also open to taking on just portions of a project, for example just implementing a pre-existing design, or performing studies or analyses.
Through several collaborative meetings we establish goals, identify opportunities and risks, and produce a requirements document.
The requirements document informs the milestones, estimates, and resulting project plan. Discrete pieces of functionality in the requirements document are broken into Agile tasks in Jira and tied to milestones.
Using Figma and other tools we produce a set of wireframes and polished mockups that capture the requirements and reflect the desired branding and voice. These mockups are refined collaboratively with you in an iterative process. The requirements document and final designs dictate the subsequent development process, with the final designs serving as functional specs as well as the UI & UX.
Our team divides and conquers the development tasks, focusing on the most challenging or least defined elements first in order to reduce unknowns in the development timeline. This translates into predictable results and manageable budgets for both parties.
With each iteration we deliver positive, meaningful progress that brings us closer to launch. At every step of the way we stay on top of device and browser testing, performance optimization, and accessibility auditing.
Prior to launch we:
- Review the site against the original requirements document and ensure all deliverables are complete and functional.
- Perform final device, browser, performance and accessibility testing.
- Review SEO particulars, and identify the optimal launch procedure vis-a-vis redirections, Google Search Console and Bing configuration, analytics, and maintaining a non-public version of your old site, if applicable.
- Coordinate with your team on DNS and email tasks.
Our work does not end with launch! We maintain and support the sites we build, and the customers who use them. This includes:
- Adding enhancements / new features.
- Offering support via email, teleconference, or Loom screencasts.
- Each site we build contains a custom-curated internal Help section, where we add how-to videos recorded specifically for your team.
Select Current / Past Clients
We use a variety of collaboration tools to facilitate communication, efficiency, and ensure quality through each project's lifecycle.
National New Play Network Website
Vineyard Arts Project Website
Armitage Gone! Dance Website
We have written for A List Apart, a popular magazine among web designers:
“Quick CSS Mockups with Photoshop”. Referenced by University of Minnesota’s IT department’s web design references, among many other places.