Coming right on the heels of DrupalCon Barcelona, Drupal 8 release candidate 1 is here!
Drupal 8 comes with many improvements and features, including:
- Object-oriented backend leveraging Symfony components
- Built-in configuration management (the Features module)
- The Views module is now part of Drupal core
- Theming is much improved now with Twig and MVC separation of logic from design.
- Multilingual support was given much more attention in this release.
We are already running Drupal 8 on several small client sites and are excited to start adopting it more widely in the near future.