So you've got a great site, but can anyone find it?
Simply having your site online is not enough to attract visitors. To attract new visitors, they must be able to find you using search engines or while browsing other sites. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) involves making sure search engines such as Google, Yahoo and Bing are actually indexing your site, and if so we make sure your site can be found for the keywords that your intended audience might use. Once a visitor arrives on your site, they should be drawn in. That may mean holding back some information, and revealing only as much as the visitor wants to find out at any given time. Your site must have a clear layout and intuitive navigation, and this needs be reflected in the HTML markup as well.
Our SEO focus is on organic SEO, in other words: building quality websites and ensuring the site is set up correctly for SEO. We don't do paid search, but can work with your marketing folks to as needed to help implement that.
With every project we build a site with good HTML structure, appropriate meta tags, an XML sitemap, a properly structured robots.txt file, and fast load times. We also will submit the site and XML sitemap to the major search engines and any special sites you wish. We also will set up Google Search Console, Analytics, and Bing. After the site is launched we can also continue to monitor those for you; we'd need to do that on a retainer or ongoing billing basis.
Some examples of what we do to optimize for search engines:
- Adding vital keywords to page titles, content, and image ALT tags. We help with copywriting so that the final product is search engine friendly.
- Adding META descriptions and keywords to all your pages, customized to each page, or automated by content / post type.
- Setting up a blog to drive traffic.
- Submitting your site to all major search engines, using XML sitemaps when possible.
- Using Google Sitemaps and Yahoo Site Explorer to ensure they index your site effectively. These sitemaps can be auto-generated by CMSes such as Drupal, WordPress, etc.
- Google Analytics setup and analysis. For e-commerce sites this can be set up to track completed sales, and it can also be tied into your existing AdWords campaign(s) to track ROI.
- Hiding unimportant or sensitive parts of your site (such as images and private directories) from search engines.
We can carry out any of these SEO tasks on an as-needed basis but can also send you a monthly quote for any combination of the above so that we will look after your search engine optimization and you can focus on your business. That includes detailed monthly reporting and performance analysis for the keywords you are trying to optimize for.